It is the Policy of KICT to provide safe and healthy working environment for its employee, contratcors and visitors to conduct their operations and activities in a manner that protect human
safety and health. Management and general workforce have a joint responsibility for helping the Company to achieve these objectives.
To carry out this policy, we adhere to the following principles:
- Implement safety management systems through our staff to effectively manage safety and health risks.
- Seek continuous improvement in our health and safety performance taking into account evolving customer expectations, management practices, scientific knowledge and technology.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are adequately designed and maintained for safe working conditions.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and standards. Where adequate laws and regulations do not exist, we adopt and apply standards that reflect the Company's commitment to safety and health.
- Involve employees and contractors in the improvement of the Company's health and safety performance.
- Inform our employees, contractors and visitors of their responsibilities as laid out by this policy and ensure these responsibilities are understood by all.
- Provide relevant safety training to individual employees and hold them accountable for managing safety and health in their areas of responsibility.
- Conduct periodic reviews and safety health audits on all operations and activities of the Company to assure compliance with this policy.
- Ensure the effectiveness of this policy by conducting an annual policy review through our Safety Management.
We at KICT are determined to safeguard our employees, customers, members of the public and our environment against accidental injury or damage.
KICT will pursue the following environmental guidelines:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and promote the commitments and skills of its personnel to ensure effective environmental management of its business.
- Take the responsibility to protect the environment and minimize, as far as is safe, practicable and economically sound any adverse environmental impact of its activities.
- Encourage our employees and contractors to have responsible attitude towards their own and their colleagues' impact on the environment.
- Establish clear environmental targets and develop appropriate performance indicators.
- Contribute appropriate resources to developing standards and solutions to environmental problems.
- Ensure the container handling equipment will not damage the environment.
- Reduce and restrict the production of waste and where possible, dispose of such wastes appropriately.
- Maintain and operate container handling equipment in a manner to maximize economies in fuel consumption and minimize contamination.
- Investigate thoroughly environmental mishaps, if any.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are maintained for the reporting and review of all environmental incidents and situations likely to be hazardous to a safe working environment.
- Ensure dangerous cargo is handled safely in accordance with international standards and applicable recommendations of IMDG Codes.